Assisting and reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of Alumni and Community Engagement provides leadership and management of the direction, planning, and execution of alumni and community related activities for Shorter University. This will include, but is not limited to, fostering relationships that encourage involvement and philanthropy.
As a member of the University Advancement leadership team, the Director of Alumni and Community Engagement will work closely with Development, Advancement Services, and Communications in all efforts to promote, cultivate, fundraise, and the stewardship process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Director of Alumni and Community Engagement
Office of University Advancement
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Will manage alumni events and promotions.
- Working with the Vice President, create a strategic plan for the Alumni Association Board.
- Identify and engage alumni and friends to become more involved with the University.
- Travel is required to meet with alumni, friends and prospects.
- Setup personal appointments.
- Value a team approach to alumni and development efforts.
- Work closely with the Vice President to establish alumni and friend engagement strategy that includes alumni priorities, goals, prospects, cultivation, and the proposal (ask).
- Assist the Vice President in planning, developing and executing alumni and community events.
- Assist the Vice President with managing alumni giving campaigns.
- Working with the Vice President and Communications, help create the strategic planning for communication activities that support relationships between the University and its external constituents.
- Assist the Vice President with Advancement initiatives, such as the President’s Gala, endowment efforts, thank you process, grants, etc.
- Support the University in its relationship with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board, and be dedicated to promoting the University’s mission and fundraising priorities.
- Support gift entry and the office management stewardship process.
- Provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President/or President.
Apply for Director of Alumni and Community Engagement using the link below:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (advanced degree preferred).
- Three to five years of progressive experience in higher education, alumni, fundraising, marketing, public relations, ministry, and/or sales.
- Travel required.
- Must have the flexibility to work some nights and weekends, if necessary.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently, solve problems, handle confidential information, and navigate sensitive situations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of CRM. (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred).
- Must be a committed Christian that can support the mission of the University.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ