Credit AnalystGreater Community Bank is looking for a detail-oriented and motivated Credit Analyst to gather, underwrite, and monitor credit and financial information for new and existing Bank customers. This position assesses and evaluates all opportunities and risks associated with consumer and commercial loan proposals for the Bank to base lending authority. The Credit Analyst also provides other support to the lending and credit administration functions of the Bank.
- Analyzes credit data and financial statements of individuals or businesses to identify the degree of risk involved in lending money and/or extending credit.
- For individuals, performs research to verify employment and income, inspects reports from credit reporting agencies, and reviews FICO scores.
- For businesses, compares to similar businesses in terms of liquidity, profitability, and credit histories.
- Understands and utilizes the Bank’s Loan Policy and underwriting guidelines to identify exceptions when creating reports; Maintains reasonable knowledge of the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and other regulatory requirements specific to credit analysis.
- Uses computer software to further evaluate customers financial status and produce financial ratios.
- Determines the expected profitability of loans by analyzing business financial data including quality of management, income growth, and market shares.
- Provides recommendations for credit approval or denial to the Lending team; Assists Lenders in the presentation of financial & credit information at the Bank’s loan committees and/or Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist lenders in setting interest rates and minimum or maximum terms of repayment for customers based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Complete and submit quarterly Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; Previous experience in banking or credit analysis is a plus.
- Strong organizational and analytic ability with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to identify discrepancies and address time sensitive issues quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills to represent the Bank in a positive way when dealing with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as analysis software.
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills.
Please submit a resume to Careers@GreaterCB.com. Greater Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.