Commercial Lending OfficerGreater Community Bank is looking for a self-starting, organized and motivated Commercial Lending Officer to attract and retail profitable loan and deposit relationships through relationship building and active outside business development activities.
- Identifies and cultivates prospects for the Bank that match desired growth strategies.
- Develops and implements a call strategy to foster business development consistent with the Bank’s business development initiatives.
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet these needs.
- Represents the Bank and provides leadership in key community activities.
- Develops clear strategies to meet or exceed defined business development goals.
- Extends credit within lending authority to qualified borrowers for various purposes on assorted terms through mortgage, consumer, commercial, and installment loans.
- Collects necessary information to determine customer requirements, and the best products or services to accomplish the objective.
- Expands customer relationships by proactively reviewing customer needs and investigates any significant changes in status of existing relationships.
- Actively promotes and refers business to other areas of the Bank.
Relationships Management with Existing Customers
- Identifies key customer relationships based on profitability and the relationship to the Bank; reviews and proactively meets with these customers to build the relationships.
- Serves as the relationship manager and a liaison between the customer and the other areas of the Bank in resolving customer problems and meeting the customer needs.
- Formulates a strategy to work positively with the client to resolve issues should a client’s loan become past due.
- Obtains and analyzes all necessary and personal financial data, checks credit standing, and makes loan decisions within established limits and policy; refers applications in excess to superior.
- Keeps loan files up-to-date, answers credit inquiries, and prepares memos for credit files on all new and renewed loans
- Follows loans to ensure conformity with terms and keep payments and collateral value up to date.
- Prepares and recommends credit policies for direct loan products to the corporate credit policy committee for their approval.
- Accepts responsibility for the asset quality of the consumer, mortgage, or commercial loan portfolio, including authorization of credit authority, underwriting standards, and effective procedures to monitor respective loans to assure quality and adequate documentation.
- Monitors loans for regulatory compliance, including documentation, record keeping, origination, collection laws, and regulatory reports.
- Develops and implements clear strategies to meet profitability goals, loan volume goals, loan quality goals, and charge off goals.
- Maintains a reasonable knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Policies and regulatory requirements that are specific to this position.
- Knows customers and their needs.
- Stays connected with customers.
- Anticipates customer needs.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer needs.
- Resolves customer problems quickly, keeping them informed throughout the process.
- Maximizes the right product and service mix with customers to help the customer achieve key objectives.
- Embraces vision, goals, and expectations of the Bank, department, and role.
- Develops action plans to achieve vision, goals, and expectations for position.
- Meets with others to understand how your actions impact others, departmental success, and company success.
- Identifies and focuses on the actions and steps that are within his/her control to achieve success.
- Takes action to achieve success without having to be told to do so.
- Recognizes when plans should change to achieve goals and acts.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and developments in community banking services and marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in commercial and/or consumer lending.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Effective at diplomatic communications with customers requiring credit problem resolution.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills, detail-oriented, and goal-focused.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and financial spreadsheet programs.
Please submit a resume to Careers@GreaterCB.com. Greater Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.