Electric Motor Mechanic
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do NOT work on automobile motors/engines.
Job Type: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
One-Hour Lunch from 12:00 – 1:00
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic at Rome Electric Motor Works, Inc. to help inspect, repair, and test various Industrial Equipment (such as AC and DC Electric Motors). Prior knowledge of electric motor repair is not necessary, but we do require at least some level of mechanical knowledge and experience.
Duties and responsibilities of an Electric Motor Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and teardown electric motors that need to be repaired
- Reassemble electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters
- Use test equipment to measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (RPM), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of electric motors to both diagnose problems and to ensure that the electric motor was repaired correctly and runs according to the customer’s requirements
- Lift units or parts, such as electric motors or other industrial equipment, using cranes or hoists
- At least two (2) years’ work experience as a Mechanic (of any kind)
- A solid understanding of how to use hand tools and power tools safely and effectively
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Ability to complete tasks under little supervision
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A willingness to perform tasks outside of their normal job duties
- A willingness to work Overtime, when requested/required
- Vacation Time after one year of employment
- 401(k) Enrollment after one year of employment
- Full Health benefits for your entire family (including health, dental, vision, and Life) as well as Short-Term Disability (for the employee) after 60 days of employment
- Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
How to Apply:
You can drop off your resume, along with a list of references, at our office, located at 36 Westside Industrial Boulevard in Rome, Georgia 30165, or you can email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.