Service Writer/Warranty Administrator
- Initiates services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
- Calculates customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- Obtains approval signatures and enters RO into the service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of the vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Files and follows up on all warranty claims
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role strongly preferred
- Experience or certification with a specific manufacturer is a bonus
- Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
- Previous customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record