Advanced Steel Technology is look for an Accounting Supervisor at our Rome Office. This position Oversees the general procedures in the accumulation, analysis and processing of financial statements for management’s review. Supervises, plans and coordinates the work of the department ensuring all transactions are accurate and consistent.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work of the accounting department in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Maintain a general ledger of all financial transactions.
- Maintain chart of accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of financial data, month-end close process, and monthly journal entries.
- Responsible for monthly bank and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Use cost accounting to allocate expenses to the correct departments and machine codes.
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset files and track construction in progress. Track asset purchases and retires, calculate and post depreciation for fixed assets
- Record monthly AP and AR intercompany transactions.
- Monitor cash flow for multiple bank accounts, both international and domestic, and in multiple currencies.
- Make appropriate bank account transfers and wire transfers as needed.
- Review and approve AP payments for subsidiary company.
- Prepares monthly cost reports for management’s analysis and review
- Oversees the preparation of annual Georgia Sales and Use Tax reports
- Oversees preparation of annual financial projects including 1099s
- Prepare the information needed for the annual property tax return, financial statement audit, and corporate tax return.
- Communicates with customers regarding payments, billing or delinquent accounts
- Oversee and review purchasing contracts with suppliers.
- Provides assistance to subordinates by answering questions, solving problems, training, coaching and reviewing job performance
- Collect and organize data for special projects
- Reviews work of the accounting clerk(s) for receivables/payables prior to processing payments
- Assists upper management with preparation of operating budget
- Assists with interviews of prospective employees and participates in hiring for the department
- Cross train in all accounting duties, to include purchasing, AP, and AR.
- Writes and maintains all work instructions for the accounting department
- Serves as a disciplinarian within the department, administers progressive disciplinary actions as required and participates in terminations when necessary
- Participates and ensures compliance of all applicable rules, company policies and procedures
- Maintains good housekeeping standards in assigned areas
- Performs all duties following established safety procedures and guidelines using assigned safety equipment
- Performs other duties as required or directed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field is required with progressively responsible work experience to prepare for the position
- Up to one year in the position is necessary to become proficient in most phases of the position
- Must have the knowledge and ability to research and compile data to prepare reports, recaps and summaries
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, requires the ability to plan, communicate, coordinate and supervise all activities and functions of the assigned department.
- Requires the useful knowledge of basic office equipment including computers, software, fax machine and calculator. Must be familiar with company products manufacturing procedures and terminology. Must possess management and administrative skills necessary to be able to interpret data, make good corrective decisions and follow through.
- Thorough knowledge of company’s accounting/financial reporting procedures, policies and requirements
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting policies, principles and theory. Requires above average math skills, must have computer skills and knowledge of specific accounting systems, codes and software applications.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to maintain specified financial files, records and logs
- Must maintain high volume production of parts manufactured to specified level of quality.
- Inaccurate data on which decisions are based would result in errors which could range from minor to major.
- Customer satisfaction and company revenues could be impacted if shipping errors were not detected.
- There is interaction and correlation with other functions which would enhance accuracy.
- Interacts frequently with coworkers and other members of management and staff.
- Has outside contact with suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Nature of contacts requires a high degree of professionalism, tact and courtesy to maintain positive relations and customer satisfaction.
- Has access to personnel files, product drawings, trade secrets, new product development, management discussions and financial information which should be maintained in confidence to avoid damage to the company.
- Must be able to use sound judgment and be able to work within timelines and according to deadlines. The ability to prioritize, plan, direct and coordinate a full scope of activities within the finance department.
- Ability to problem solve, judge, take initiative, analyze and evaluate data and processes for the department to be accurate and efficient
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of situations requiring a wide range of responses where accuracy is crucial. Ability to take responsibility for accuracy and work quickly and accurately to fix any issues. Must be able to pay strict, close attention to detail for long periods of time and maintain a high degree of accuracy in all job duties. Ability to concentrate on multiple subjects of varying complexity while being strictly attentive to detail for long periods of time. Ability to work in an environment where interruptions requiring responses are frequent.
- Requires visual acuity, manual dexterity, mobility, the ability to sit, reach, bend, talk and hear.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines on multiple tasks at any given time, while maintaining responsibility for a high degree of accuracy, understanding that undetected errors could result in confusion, lost time, additional duties and management decisions being made based on erroneous information
- Above average communication skills, the ability to interact frequently with coworkers, other departments and management for the exchange of information and resolutions of problems. Maintain tactful, courteous and professional etiquette with all communications with outside financial organizations, governmental offices and customers. Communications frequently require ability to explain and discuss complex issues with a wide variety of personality types.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion when working with highly confidential information (financial reports, salary information, P&L statements, etc.) ability to make sound judgments
- Mainly office environment working around other employees from various departments. Probability for interruption is high. Noise level is constant but not considered loud. Open, climate-controlled office with no walls between desks or work areas.
- Required to wear safety equipment including hard hat, ear, eye, and foot protection.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. AST reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place