Confluence is two days of inspiration, innovation, technology and motivation for business leaders, manufacturers, technologists, educators, entrepreneurs and students. Confluence promises to provide the latest trends in innovation and technology, as presented by local, regional and nationally recognized leaders.
Presentations include speakers that have been recognized by multiple national media sources, two (2) of the top 25 inventions in 2014, local and regional innovations that positively impact our society and inventions that will change the world we live in.
• Jeremy Simon – CEO and President of 3D Universe – a prosthetics designer, creator and manufacturer using 3D printing
• Kaynam Hedayat – Witricity – one of TIME’s top 25 inventions of 2014. This innovative technology related to wireless power transfer has far-reaching implications to not only electronics but the automotive world. As a bonus, Witricity will present their “room of the future”.
• Jerome Vassallo of Elio Motors will present the innovative concept of their automobile that exceeds 80 miles per gallon, exceptional safety rating and costs less than $7,000. The Elio has received national recognition and is slated for production in 2015. The technology to make this a reality will be presented and oh by the way, the car has a top speed over 100 mph…..
• Stephen Fleming will present the top technologies to watch for in the future. Dr. Fleming is Vice President & Executive Director, Enterprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech and is a crowd favorite to give the audience a “heads up” of innovations and technologies to come….
• Rostam Zafari and Brian Goldstone represent a local and regional partnership of two students involved in social entrepreneurship. What began as a class project, turned into a company that produces REDS (Rapid Ebola Detection Strips).
• Dr. Walter DeHeer will explain graphene, the material described as changing our world in the same way silicon changed the computer world. The uses for this material for energy, electronics, engineering, lubricants, etc… are described by Dr. De Heer – leader of the Georgia Tech Epitaxial Graphene Research Team.
• Thomas Stone is a young technologist that developed a tracking/targeting technology for drones. Thomas will relate the success of his crowdfunding campaign to create this business – along with the relation to one of our previous Confluence keynote speakers.
• Cory Russek is a young entrepreneur also from our region that created an innovative concept to teach young people electronics and enable young inventors. This led to creating his own business, along with the development and marketing of his product.
• Alexandr Opalka will present another of TIME’s top 25 inventions of 2014. The incredible technology of Motion Savvy and gesture recognition will literally provide a new life to the hearing impaired and deaf community.
• Lev Grzhonko is a partner in a wearable device company that took a different approach to wearable devices. While others monitor health and wellness condition, MonDevices focuses on monitoring unhealthy and emergency responses. Transmissions and alarms are sent to any Smartphone to allow for the monitoring of infants and elderly.
• Steven Middleton is an inventor and creator who's ideas include a pocket 3D printer, wearable exoskeleton, portable power, chill pill box and more. Steven’s efforts have resulted in a successful crowdfunding campaign, along with his technology recognized in college course textbooks and in Computational Mechanics.
• Bo Rotoloni will enlighten the audience on one of the topics presented in 2014 as the "Technology to Watch" – Cybertechnology and Information Security. Bo’s expertise in the private sector and as Director of Cyber Technology and Information Security Laboratory (CTISL) and the Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL), at Georgia Tech provide’s one of our states top experts on these topics.
• Dr. Chris McKinney, Associate Vice President for Innovation Commercialization at Georgia Regents University will educate the audience on Telestroke and Telehealth, serving as a case study illustrating the progress in the field as well as many opportunities for innovation.
As you can see, Confluence has a stellar line-up of speakers that represent leaders in their fields and representative of keynote designation at any innovation and technology symposium.
Tickets can be purchased through the event website at ConfluenceRome.org, where a full event agenda is posted. Sponsorships are also available.