This position is responsible for supervising and workers involved in the maintenance of recreation and parks.
Performs maintenance on public facilities and parks which includes building and fence maintenance and repair, cutting grass for ball fields and lawn areas, and litter collection. Supervises the work of inmates and restitution workers performing park maintenance tasks. Prepares parks and facilities for special events and sets up tables, chairs, tents, and other equipment as required. Assists in maintenance on facilities and grounds including painting, cleaning rest rooms, maintaining tennis courts and ball fields, repairing fences, and maintaining trail and dock areas. Assists with special construction projects and assists in frame construction, painting, landscaping, etc. Operates equipment and tools to cut and trim trees, hedges, and clear grounds areas. Insures that equipment operates properly and schedules routine maintenance and repairs. Performs other related duties as assigned. Knowledge of supervision and security provision requirements for inmates.
Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of High School or G.E.D. No prior experience required to perform the basic tasks of the position. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. No prior criminal record. Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam. Must be able to obtain correctional officer certification from the state of Georgia.
- Health/ Major Medical (County pays between $4,671.96 - $15,163.32 annual cost of medical insurance.)
- Dental (County pays $87.60 annual cost of dental insurance.)
- Long-term Disability (County pays $2.52 - $181.44 annual cost of premium.)
- Retirement (Defined Benefit Pension Plan. All contributions made by County)
- Paid Holidays ( 9 per year)
- Paid Vacation-annually: (48 - 168 vacation hours annually depending on years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (96 hours / year. May only be used according to county policy.)
- INCENTIVE PAY: Certified Public Safety Employees are provided up to $1,500 additional compensation per year for completion of approved coursework from a regionally accredited college or university.
- LONGEVITY PAY: Pays 1, 2, or 3 percent of salary plus $50 per year depending on years of service