The purpose of this classification is to perform supervisory, administrative, and security work functions associated with maintaining the safety, security, and welfare of inmates and officers in the Floyd County Prison / correctional facility.
Directs daily operations and activities. Ensures compliance with procedures in grievances, disciplinary procedures, classification, security, key and tool control, fire safety, etc; maintains records of shakedowns, fire drills, etc; supervise, direct, monitor activities of staff and inmates; provides input as needed with disciplinary hearings; acts as grievance coordinator and chairman of classification committee. Review and completes reports; reviews and establishes security posts to ensure proper staffing; directs sanitation of center, inmate living quarters and grounds; work with court system and community to determine suitability of offenders through work and restitution.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; three years supervisory experience in law enforcement and administration required, preferably in a correctional facility; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Must be P.O.S.T. Basic Correctional Officer Training certified. Must be certified in basic first-aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (C.P.R.). Must be Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified as a law enforcement officer. Must be licensed and qualified to operate a firearm.
- Health/ Major Medical (County pays between $4,671.96 - $15,163.32 annual cost of medical insurance.)
- Dental (Employer pays $96.00 annual cost of dental insurance.)
- Long-term Disability (County pays $2.52 - $181.44 annual cost of premium.)
- Retirement (Defined Benefit Pension Plan. All contributions made by County)
- Paid Holidays ( 9 per year)
- Paid Vacation-annually: (48 - 168 vacation hours annually depending on years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (96 hours / year. May only be used according to county policy.)
- INCENTIVE PAY: Certified Public Safety Employees are provided up to $1,500 additional compensation per year for completion of approved coursework from a regionally accredited college or university.
- LONGEVITY PAY: Pays 1, 2, or 3 percent of salary plus $50 per year depending on years of service.