To manage and continuously lead the manufacturing, maintenance, and receiving activities related to the production of SEM products with a emphasis on strategic planning and continuous improvement. To ensure all people and food safety policies, procedures and programs are communicated and adhered to. To establish and manage the budget and capital expenditures within the Business Unit Leader’s scope of responsibility. Ensures inventory accuracy and SAP transactions are performed correctly. Demonstrates maturity and sound judgment in daily decision-making and employee relations. Builds strong Teams by providing leadership and developmental opportunities for Team Leaders and all other members of the manufacturing team. To serve as a champion for Southeastern Mills HPWP philosophy.
- Manages the production processes in a safe, quality oriented, cost-effective, efficient, and productive manner.
- Facilitates the Production Organization through effective planning, organizing, staffing, monitoring, training, employee motivation, coaching & counseling, communication and cost effectiveness.
- Coordinates with other Department heads and senior management.
- Develops and implements strategic planning for the production departments.
This position directly supervises the production-related processes. This position directly and indirectly supervises all employees and Lead Personnel involved in the receiving, maintenance and manufacturing processes.
This position plays a major role in the effective management of the budgeted and non-budgeted expenses. Additional financial responsibilities include the managing of labor, materials & supplies, capital projects and cost of finished goods.
This position requires highly refined people management, planning, organizing, analytical, budgetary and communication skills. Familiarity with standard & company specific software programs along with mathematical skills are required.
- Related Experience: Seven years managing in a manufacturing environment with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Educational Level: Four-year degree in a business related field. Seven years of proven management experience in a food related field might be substituted for a portion of the four-year degree.
- Expertise Level:Excellent communication skills, computer skills, organizational skills math skills, attention to detail, analyzing, and troubleshooting are essential to this position.