Scope of Position: The Assistant Coordinator of Training, Housekeeping assists in managing the Housekeeping Department operations for WinShape Foundation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training, training material development, quality assurance, maintaining cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms, cabins, offices and public areas, and daily supervision of the Housekeeping team.
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Guest Services – Housekeeping/Laundry
- Establish and review annually the quality standards for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop training material for all areas.
- Training Housekeeping staff to meet expected standards.
- Continually evaluate all staff to ensure standards remain at a high level and consistent.
- Identify and execute the proper steps to oversee the shift operations of Housekeeping, including task assignment and delegation, inventory needs, and disciplinary action not requiring manager-level involvement.
- Assist in providing leadership, supervision, support, motivation, and development to Housekeeping team members.
- Conduct daily briefings with Housekeeping team members. This should include an overview of daily events, uniform check, and addressing any necessary items in order to ensure success for the team.
- Coaching team members in a one-on-one setting and evaluating progress on a bi-weekly basis.
- Inspect guest rooms, cabins and public areas to ensure that all areas meet set standards.
- Make recommendations to improve service and ensure efficient operations. This includes processes, standards, and general improvements to the property.
- Maintain knowledge of the proper use and storage of various cleaning chemicals and products.
- Clean rooms, cabins, and public areas when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Guest Services Leadership
- Two-year degree preferred or equivalent experience in management, hospitality, or related fields.
- 1 to 3 years housekeeping experience in a leading or training capacity.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have the ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to stand, bend, stretch, climb stairs, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Committed to being present at appropriate times to work - 40/45 hours weekly, all shifts all days, often second shift and weekends.
- Exhibit the following competencies: dependability, team player, job knowledge, initiative, problem solving, communication, and project organization/management
- Commitment to the WinShape Foundation vision and core values.
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt