Provides the leadership of the WinShape Foundation’s Food Services Team. Responsible for all food service activities supporting both on campus (Mt. Berry, Ga.) and off-campus programming for five of the six foundation ministries. Daily responsibilities include all menu design, food orders, inventory control, and responsibility for the quality of the food and service output both in the Kitchen, Dining Room and all other meal venues including catering opportunities. Strong Servant Leadership, excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to the expectations of each ministry (Retreat, Youth Camps, Marriage, Leadership and College) are critical success factors of this position.
- Lead and coordinate all food preparation, service, food appearance, and cleanliness and sanitation of production of service areas and equipment.
- Develop menus for new seasons, special events, Normandy Inn, and other scheduled functions.
- Insure adequate supply through oversight of purchasing of food items, small wares, equipment, linen, and determines additional purchasing needs.
- Oversee relocation to Hill Dining Hall during Summer Camp Season, plan and execute menus, and insure culture expectations are met.
- Develop and steward the annual budget ($1,000,000) for Food Services.
- Develop annual goals for Food Service in conjunction with departmental staff and lead the execution of the activities to meet those goals.
- Serve on WinShape Operations Leadership Team in support of the goals and values of creating a safe place for growth and transformation while fostering a culture of encouragement, empowerment, collaboration and accountability.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Approve employee schedules to insure adequate coverage in assigned areas at all times.
- Maintain scheduled shift hours with a minimum of unscheduled absences and report to work on time.
- Provide other services as defined by the Director
- Culinary degree or minimum of 5 years management experience in food service environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Ability to identify, anticipate, and address guest needs and desires
- Ability to travel as needed- several times a year
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as business needs require
- Commitment to the WinShape Foundations Core Values of People, Results, Excellence, Safety, and Stewardship (PRESS)
- ServSafe Certification required