Department: Business Administration in the Ledbetter College of Business
Type of Position: Full Time
About Shorter University:
Shorter University’s mission is to advance God’s Kingdom through a commitment to academic excellence, spiritual growth, Christian leadership, and global service within the context of a biblical worldview. Our motto, “Transforming Lives through Christ”, guides Shorter’s exceptional academic programs, vibrant campus atmosphere, and Christ-centered community.
The Ledbetter College of Business offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in the following concentrations: General Business, Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Sport Management. Graduate degrees include an MBA, MBA with concentrations in Healthcare Management as well as Sport Management along with a Master of Accountancy, Master of Management, and a Master of Management with a concentration in Non-Profit Human Services. The Business Administration department also offers a minor for Shorter students seeking a major in another academic area, which includes Economics, Accounting, Fraud Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Business Law, Sport Management, and Human Services.
The Shorter University Ledbetter College of Business Department of Business Administration invites applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position in Economics/Business Administration beginning August 2018. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses, online and traditional, across the Business Administration curriculum. The successful candidate should have broad credentials to cover Economics along with Accounting and/or Finance.
- 18 hours of Graduate Economic Courses
- An earned doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting by the time of appointment is required. ABD accepted until start of employment.
- A signed commitment of the Shorter University mission and acceptance of the Personal Lifestyle Statement found on our website.
- Practical work experience that will elevate academic instruction in the classroom.
- Visionary leadership skills aiming towards the growth of the College of Business.
- Experience in undergraduate and graduate teaching at the college level.
- Experience with online teaching, preferably in the Canvas delivery system
- Advising college students through their degree plan to graduation
February 27, 2018
Apply at the following link:
Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Send PDF of the following required documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- Professional References
Send to Dr. Heath Hooper, Dean of the Ledbetter College of Business, email@example.com
Transforming Lives through Christ