Under limited supervision, part-time tutors will provide tutoring services in all levels of subject(s) for which he or she is qualified.
• Proficient content knowledge in Math, as proven by transcripts
• Ability to explain complicated and challenging concepts in specific area of discipline
• Teaching and/or tutoring experience desired
• Excellent communication, people and computer skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Able to motivate and encourage students
• Willingness to communicate with staff, coaches, advisors, and professors
• Desire to help others and the ability to deliver outstanding customer service
• Provide one-on-one and group tutorial sessions
• Work closely with faculty to understand the needs of students
• Perform assigned clerical duties when not tutoring
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of college-level tutoring
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of current academic resources and materials
• Knowledge of student support services
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
Special Instructions to Applicants
A background investigation will be performed for successful applicants as a condition of employment. Part-time tutors work on an as needed basis with the possibility of renewal from semester to semester. Interviews are offered to applicants when a position becomes available and the applicant meets the qualifications. Postings are removed from the system every June and a new posting is created in July. If you are not invited to interview, please consider reapplying in July of each year, as hiring managers can only pull applicants from a current annual posting.
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.