MAJOR DUTIES: Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery and tools used in road construction, maintenance and repair. Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects. Performs manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance, and repair of roads and related systems. Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in good working condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment. Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate. Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays messages; responds to requests for service. Responds to routine requests for information from employees, officials, the public or other individuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; 6 months experience in Equipment Operation and Road Maintenance, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. MUST POSSESS AND MAINTAIN A VALID GEORGIA COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH HAZARDOUS MATERIAL ENDORSEMENT AND TANKERS ENDORCEMENT.
- Health/ Major Medical (County pays between $4,671.96 - $15,163.32 annual cost of medical insurance.)
- Dental (County pays $87.60 annual cost of dental insurance.)
- Long-term Disability (County pays $2.52 - $181.44 annual cost of premium.)
- Retirement (Defined Benefit Pension Plan. All contributions made by County)
- Paid Holidays ( 9 per year)
- Paid Vacation-annually: (48 - 168 vacation hours annually depending on years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (96 hours / year. May only be used according to county policy.)
- INCENTIVE PAY: Certified Public Safety Employees are provided up to $1,500 additional compensation per year for
completion of approved coursework from a regionally accredited college or university.
- LONGEVITY PAY: Pays 1, 2, or 3 percent of salary plus $50 per year depending on years of service.