This position is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and supervising a variety of athletic programs for the citizens of Rome and Floyd County.
Plans, organizes, and coordinates a diversified program of sports and special events; contracts with associations to schedule umpires and other officials for event. Develop and coordinate player and coaching clinics and training sessions. Assures that programs offered are consistent with department goals and conducts program evaluations upon completion. Recruits, trains, supervise, and evaluate officials, part-time personnel, and volunteers. Provides information about programs for brochures, pamphlets, and newspaper articles and makes presentations to community organizations. Coordinates all-star team events including selecting players and coaches, hosting tournaments, and traveling to out-of- town events, Coordinates activities with maintenance staff to assure upkeep and preparation of facilities. Coordinates with community and civic organizations concerning special athletic events. Inventories equipment; prepares bids for equipment purchases. Coordinates with local, state and national organizations as necessary. Prepares all required paperwork and reports including activities reports, program and usage reports, and expenditure reports. Engages in professional development activities and performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D and 6 months of experience as a sports coordinator or related experience. Possession a valid driver's license issued by the state of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Health/ Major Medical (County pays between $4,671.96 - $15,163.32 annual cost of medical insurance.)
- Dental (Employer pays $96.00 annual cost of dental insurance.)
- Long-term Disability (County pays $2.52 - $181.44 annual cost of premium.)
- Retirement (Defined Benefit Pension Plan. All contributions made by County)
- Paid Holidays ( 9 per year)
- Paid Vacation-annually: (48 - 168 vacation hours annually depending on years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (96 hours / year. May only be used according to county policy.)
- INCENTIVE PAY: Certified Public Safety Employees are provided up to $1,500 additional compensation per year for completion of approved coursework from a regionally accredited college or university.
- LONGEVITY PAY: Pays 1, 2, or 3 percent of salary plus $50 per year depending on years of service.