About the Chamber
About the Chamber
The Rome Floyd Chamber is a non-profit organization established in 1910 working to promote prosperity in Rome and Floyd County for and through its business membership.
Rome-Floyd County 20/20 Strategic Plan
In 1998, an economic development strategic planning joint venture, initiated by the Rome City Commission, Floyd County Commission and the Rome Floyd Chamber, was created: The Rome-Floyd County 20/20 Strategic Plan. The plan adopted 20 ambitious goals to be accomplished in the next 20 years to make the community a better place to work, invest and live. These goals included five main objectives: build a stronger economy, build a more skilled workforce, protect and improve our quality of life assets, build a quality physical infrastructure for growth and make more efficient use of government resources. Since its creation, many of the goals of the Rome-Floyd County 20/20 Strategic Plan have been accomplished and have even exceeded expectations. The plan is revisited every five years to determine what accomplishments have been made, what needs to be changed and what new goals should be added to continue the community's growth and prosperity.
Partners in Prosperity III
Partners in Prosperity III is a community and economic development initiative of the Rome Floyd Chamber.
This is the third phase of the Rome-Floyd 20/20 Strategy. During Partners in Prosperity I (2005-2009) and Partners in Prosperity II (2010-2014), the Chamber worked with public and private partners to:
- Attract New and Diverse Businesses to Rome and Floyd County
- Retain and Expand Existing Businesses
- Improve the Overall Quality of Life in the Community
Partners in Prosperity III (2015-2019) will continue to:
- Implement the core strategies for economic and community development.
- Improve our competitive position in advance future economic challenges
- Introduce new initiatives to further diversify our economy
- Encourage entrepreneurship
- Strengthen Education and Workforce training